Do You Have a Sleep Disorder?
If three or more of these apply to you there may be cause for concern. Please let us know so that we can discuss this further. Call us for a free consultation to see how we can assist you with our oral appliance sleep apnea solutions.
- I have been told that I snore
- I have been told that I stop breathing when I sleep, although I may have no recollection of this
- I am always sleepy during the day, even if I sleep throughout the night, and get 7 or more hours of sleep
- I have high blood pressure
- I have been told that I sleep restlessly. I am always tossing and turning while asleep
- I frequently awaken with headaches in the morning
- I tend to fall asleep during inappropriate situations
- Others and/or I have noticed a recent change in my personality
- I am overweight
- The diameter of my neck is at least 17 inches (16 for a woman)
Consider an Oral Sleep Appliance
Coming to grips with having sleep apnea symptoms can be difficult because of the images patients have of CPAP machines to treat their condition. Fortunately, there are more discreet oral sleep appliances that have greatly improved the quality of sleep for many of our patients. Compared to other treatment options for snoring and sleep apnea, such as CPAP, oral appliances offer many advantages, including:
- Oral appliances are easily portable and convenient
- Oral appliances are ideal for patients who are not good candidates for surgery
- Oral appliances are more discreet and less cumbersome than CPAP
- Oral appliances can be used in combination with other approaches, including alternate sleep positions and weight loss
- Oral appliances are custom-designed by your dentist for the patient’s mouth and individual circumstances
- Oral appliances are easy to wear and comfortable
- Oral appliance therapy is non-invasive and reversible
Contact us today to learn more about treating your sleep disorder with dental sleep medicine!